I have officially completed phase 2 of the Jamie Eason Live Fit Trainer last week on Sunday.
Phase 2 lasts 4 weeks and it is a split training, meaning each workout targets one muscle group. Cardio is re-introduced for each weight training session, except leg day.
Week 1 and 2 consist of 6 workouts each week: back, chest & abs, legs, arms & abs, shoulders and again legs.
Week 3 and 4 consist also of 6 workouts each week: arms & abs, legs, chest & abs, shoulders, again legs and back & delts.
The workouts are pretty similar each week and usually take about 1-1.5 hours to complete, including cardio.
We’re hitting the lagging muscle group twice a week, which is in my case obviously legs, and also abs are trained twice a week.
I have made a few adjustments to the program during these 4 weeks:
- I combined the lower-body workout with an upper-body workout, I have two days per week where I do legs followed by an upper-body workout and no cardio. The workouts took me about 2 hours on the days where I doubled up on the workouts and 1.5 hours for the other workouts with cardio altogether (1 hour weight training and 30 minutes cardio).
- I did 2 instead of 4 cardio sessions per week because of doubling up the upper and lower body workouts on two days (no cardio on leg day!!!) so I had two remaining days where I did upper body workouts with cardio.
- I swapped the 30 minutes steady-state with 20 minutes HIIT.
- I followed the IIFYM nutrition plan instead, targeting fat loss with the suggested 15% intensity and macros set to 45C-30P-25F.
- I eat 3 times per day, and not as suggested every 2-3 hours. It doesn’t matter how often I eat and when I eat. I also eat carbs at night and it makes no difference.
Phase 2 is definitely my favorite so far, I loved the workouts and I didn’t skip any. I already noticed small visual improvements after phase 1 and people are starting to notice some changes too. Yaaay for progress!
I feel stronger and I feel that the muscles are more visible everywhere, especially on my legs and arms but also my booty, all those squats are finally paying off! I improved my core and back as well, my posture is much better as before.
This is where I stopped last time when I did JELF.
I completed phase 1 and 2 back then. I split one week worth of workouts into 1.5-2 weeks so I needed well over 8 weeks. My progress wasn’t going so well so I just didn’t continue.
This is what I want to do better this time around! I am not quitting and I will continue now with phase 3. I already checked the workouts in phase 3 and I am really looking forward to it!
The workouts are available online on Bodybuilding and with the BodySpace app for iPhone and Android which is very easy to use to track the workouts in the gym. Unfortunately BodySpace is not available for Windows Phone 8 so I am using the workout logs from Body and Lifestyle Challenges.
You must be logged in to post a comment.