Unfortunately I noticed using MyFitnessPal that I don’t get enough protein throughout the day and I searched for high quality protein powder to compensate it. I tried only Optimum Nutrition till now and I am fairly happy with it. I usually just mix it with water but sometimes add a banana too. It’s great after a workout!
I tried these flavors till now:
- Extreme Milk Chocolate: my all-time favorite till now. It tastes delicious when mixed with water, milk, almond milk or with an extra banana.
- Double Rich Chocolate: even though this protein powder tastes like chocolate, I somehow didn’t like it as much as the Extreme Milk Chocolate.
- French Vanilla Cream: not exactly my favorite especially because the taste is not strong enough when mixed with water only. Mixing it additionally with a banana makes it delicious!
Currently I am also taking:
- Optimum Nutrition Opti-Women vitamins
- Optimum Nutrition fish oil
- Optimum Nutrition BCAA 1000
I am normally not a big fan of supplements but I am currently doing a lot of sports (additionally to biking, weight lifting and doing yoga, I did the Couch-to-5K for 5 weeks and now started a training plan on Endomondo) and I did a lot of research regarding which supplements could help with my health and fitness and came up with this stack. For now all I can say is that I noticed an improvement in cardio endurance but I cannot say for sure if the supplements have anything to do with it.
Note: this is in no way commercial for Optimum Nutrition, I simply expressed my personal opinion.