I just came back from running and I was craving for rice pudding so I quickly made this. It’s a great post-workout meal.
- 100 g rice
- 400 ml milk
- 15 g brown sugar (optional, it’s sweet enough with the sugar from the fruits)
- 30 g almonds or any other nuts like hazelnuts, cashew nuts
- 20 g goji berries
- 1 ripe mango
- vanilla pod
- 15 g shaved coconut (optional)
- Wash rice with cold water.
- Bring milk to boil and keep stirring so the milk doesn’t burn.
- Add rice.
- Lower the heat and cover for 15 minutes.
- Add almonds, berries and vanilla.
- Cover for 15 minutes.
- Clean and cut mango in small cubes.
- Add mango.
- Serve into dessert bowls and eat warm immediately or eat cold by placing in the fridge after it cooled down.
Nutrition per serving
Note: high in carbs and sugar, sugar source mainly from fruit but brown sugar can be omitted to lower the sugar intake.