We visited friends yesterday and prepared home-made pizzas. I loved the pizza dough so much that I had to have the recipe and I decided to share it here with you (I hope my friend won’t mind). This is also the only way that I won’t lose the recipe as I usually do.
- 1000 g flour
- 650 g water
- Mix some bubbly mineral water with yeast and a little sugar; let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Add the flour and water gradually.
- Knead the dough and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Knead the dough and let it rest for 1 hour again.
- Knead the dough and let it rest for 15 more minutes.
- Portion the dough and spread it on the pizza pan.
- Cover with flour, this will make the top crunchy and the tomato sauce will not be too liquid.
- Add toppings like tomato sauce, mozzarella (I recommend the Buffalo mozzarella (Italian: mozzarella di bufala)), ham, champignons,…
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes at 250 degrees Celsius.
You can also bake this dough without any toppings in a basic baking pan and serve it instead of bread.