Travel day


Yesterday was again a travel day, after only 2 weeks that I returned from San Francisco. This trip is not business though, I am visiting my family over the Easter weekend.

I woke up early at 7 am yesterday and after finishing packing (checked in for the flight and packed the night before) we headed to the airport.

I think the most difficult decision was which gadgets to take with me but eventually I just packed all in: Surface, iPad, Kindle and my Nokia Icon smartphone; except for my iPhone of course which is packed away in its box waiting to be wiped ever since I got my Windows Phone and my brother is really looking forward to getting it. ๐Ÿ™‚

The first flight was short, only 30 minutes, we barely took off and then we were already landing.

We had to wait for 4 hours for the connecting flight and the weather was so nice outside but it was not enough time to take the train to the city so we had to stay at the airport and look how gorgeous it is outside from inside. *sniff*


My first stop was the duty free shop and I spent at least 1 hour there buying some souvenirs, sweets and I finally found fragrance-free face and eye creams that I am hopefully not allergic to.

There was a special exhibition at the airport displaying different clocks. We had some fun there!


There was plenty of time to have lunch at the airport too and I picked a small chicken soup only and we shared a dessert too.



The second flight went well and I finally had time to read my WCF book.


Although I love my Kindle, I have a lot of books on it and use it often, it annoys me that electronics are forbidden during take off and landing so I am allowed to use it only when we reach a certain altitude. I would practically lose at least 30 minutes during this 1.5 hours flight.

So I decided instead that I take this book with me and read it on the plane. I have to prepare for the MCPD exam anyhow and this was a perfect opportunity. I still have a long way to go till I am completely ready to take the exam and only 3.5 months time to prepare for it but I will slowly get there.

Our plane landed at 19 o’clock and we were finally in my home town after almost 3 hours drive with the car so that makes a total of 15 hours of travel with 2 planes and a car for a distance of 1500 km.

After a delicious dinner (lamb soup and deviled eggs) we had a great time catching up and telling stories till midnight.

I woke up at 6 am this morning because my puppy was looking for me and she was walking back and forth in front of the bedroom door. I couldn’t fall back to sleep but my puppy is now of course sleeping nicely. How evil is that? ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think I convinced my mom to switch to Windows Phone 8 too. She has an Android and I showed her my new Nokia Icon briefly and she wants one now too! ๐Ÿ™‚

We’re planning to have a late lunch today in the city in the afternoon and then go to the cinema to watch Grand Budapest Hotel. Tomorrow we’re going on a road trip to visit some nice places and I really hope that the weather will be nice because for now it is cold, cloudy and rainy. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ